Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012

Picture tutorial: Linzer cookies
 
Another favourite in our household.
 
Ingredients:
 
350 gr flour
200 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
100 gr icing sugar
30 gr home made vanilla sugar
2 egg yolks
100 gr ground almonds
zest of one lemon
 
Jams for filling, up to you really which ones you use.
 
Knead all ingredients together, or let the machine do the work
 

Roll out the cookies thinly and cut out
 
I roll out my cookies on my silpat mat. That way, I do not have to roll out on flour and the dough keeps it's consistency

When moving the cookies to the baking tray, I just slip one hand under the mat and gently lift off the cookie one by one. Less distortion that way.

Place all cookies onto baking tray

use a small heart cutter to cut a window into every second cookie, then chill the cookies for about 15 minutes. Bake at 140 degrees Celsius (fan forced) for around 10-15 minutes

Spread a bit of home made mixed berry jam (or any other kind you want) onto the uncut cookies, while still hot

Place a cookie with a window on top and move all cookies closer together

Sieve some icing sugar/vanilla sugar mixture on top.
 
These cookies have to dry overnight, before putting in a tin for storage
 
I also have a small star cutter
 

I spread home made Kiwi jam on them, after all, I have never seen a red star.
See the little one on the bottom right? That was the dough I had left over and that one is already in my belly, yummy!

See how pretty?

 
 
 
 
 


1 Kommentar:

  1. Lecker kann ich nur sagen - das sind meine Lieblingsplätzchen! Das gemeine ist nur, die sind immer so schnell wieder weg

    LG
    Simone

    AntwortenLöschen