Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012

Picture tutorial: Engelsaugen, Angel Eyes
 
 
My daughter's favourite cookies, I have to make them at least twice every year before Christmas. My hubby took the last ones from the first batch to work yesterday, the look in my daughter's eyes, when she saw that the tin was empty, was one of sheer dismay. I had to promise to make more today
 
 
Ingredients:
 
70 gr icing sugar
150 gr unsalted butter (room temperature)
240 gr flour
2 egg yolks
20 gr vanilla sugar (I make my own)
zest of one lemon
pinch of salt
cranberry jam or another jam (I make my own jams with half amount of sugar, which means they really taste of fruit
 
Knead all ingredients together until well combined and smooth. I just dump everything into my kitchen machine and let that do the work.
 
Pinch off small bits of dough and roll into evenly sized balls and place onto baking tray

 Take a wooden spoon and press a hole into the middle of the balls, this will also immerdiately flatten them a bit. Fill these holes with cranberry jam with the help of two teaspoons. This part is a bit fiddly.

Bake the cookies at 150 degrees Celsius for around 13-15minutes, watch them closely, they should not get brown.



After you take them out of the oven, move all cookies towards the centre of the baking tray.


Sieve a mixture of icing sugar and vanilla sugar over the tops of the cookies and let them cool down. Let them sit out for at least 6-8 hrs, before placing them into a tin for storage.

I hope you enjoy the cookies

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen