Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2012

Picture tutorial, cut out cookies using a template
 
Some time ago a client requested egyptian themed cookies, specifically Tut Ankh Amun for the boys and Cleopatra for the girls. I did not have cookie cutters I could use, but that is no problem. If they would have been cookies, that I knew I would be making again, I would have made cookie cutters, but I knew, these would be a one off kind of cookie.
 
I scoured the web to find pictures I thought I could replicate in cookie form and found two pictures. I saved them to my computer, scaled them to the right size and printed them out. Out came my laminating machine and I laminated them.
 
Make your favourite rollout cookie dough
Tip, I usually make and then portion my cookie dough into manageble amounts. Left over dough can then be frozen
Place the template onto the rolled out dough

Use a sharp knife to cut out
 
remove excess dough
 
Leave the template on the dough, when you move the cookie onto the baking tray, This helps with keeping the shape
 
Once on the tray, lift off the template (cookies with plastic tops do not taste good)
 
 
Repeat until you have enough cookies
 
 
cut out cookies on baking tray, off into the fridge for cooling.
 
Bake cookies and once cooled, start decorating
 

 
These cookies served as party favours
 
 
 
 
 

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen