Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012

Picture tutorial: How to make simple pine cone trees
 
 
 
I saw very similar small pine cone trees on the net and while out yesterday, I saw Yu Yuan Gardens selling these large silver pine cones. Not knowing,whether I could find small flower pots, I bought them anyway. After all, I could always hang them onto the Christmas tree. Believe it or not, I did manage to find 7 small pots, in silver no less, about a half hour later.
 
Back home, I tried to just put the pine cones into the pots. It was a very wobbly assembly. Problem being, Pine cones being a natural product, no one was exactly the same size as the next. A very simple solution came to mind.
 

a white paper napkin, folded into a ring and inserted into the pot


no more wobbly pine cone
 
 
I had one very large pinecone at home, which I found a couple of years ago in a park in Austria. For a rustic look, just put it into a natural clay flower pot
Just to let you see the size
I think, Santa is happy about his new neighbour on the window sill.

The small pine cone trees will decorate the buffet on Christmas Eve
 

 

 
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen