Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2013

Blueberry muffins with a cinnamon streusel topping

Last night, I suddenly felt like making something else for breakfast this morning. Having had bought so many blueberries at the wetmarket on sunday, I thought, why not make some fresh blueberry muffins for breakfast. To cut down on the time I would need this morning, I went into the kitchen and weighed everything out. I premade the streusel and mixed all dry ingredients together. All I had to do this morning, was melt the butter, pour the cold milk in and add the egg. Mixing the dough went quickly, as everything was ready and waiting. I switched on the oven, as soon as I came down and BEFORE making my coffee, so that by the time I had filled the muffin liners, the oven was ready.

Seeing my daughter's face, when she came down for breakfast made the half hour worth while, that I had to get up earlier


Blueberry muffins with a cinnamon streusel  topping


Ingredients:  

160 gr all-purpose flour

140 gr sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

60 gr butter, melted and cooled

1 egg

90 ml milk

120 gr fresh blueberries


Topping:

120 gr sugar

50 gr all-purpose flour

60 gr butter, cubed

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Line muffin tin with liners. (Done last night)

Combine all dry ingredients. 

Then mix egg with cooled butter and milk and stir well to break up the egg. Pour into the dry ingredients and incorporate. Fold in the blueberries. Fill liners ¾ way up.

To Make Crumb Topping: 

Mix together  sugar,  flour,  butter, and  cinnamon. Get your hands in there and mix well, rub the flour and sugar into the butter, until you have fine streusels, you don’t want them too large, as the muffin tops do not have that much space. Sprinkle the Streusel onto the filled liner and gently press them, so that they adhere to the dough.

Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

I made 13 muffins with this recipe

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen